Top of page

History

Apr., 1933 Sanshichiro Furuta (the first president) founded NIPPON PETROLEUM COMPANY (NPC).
Apr., 1936 Inauguration of business. Kamata Plant (former Tokyo Plant) established. Production and sales of specialty grease starts.
Dec., 1948 Company restructured into Nippon Koyu Shokai K.K. with capital of 1,000,000 Japanese Yen.
Apr., 1949 Muroran Representative Office (current Muroran Business Office) opens in Wanishi-cho, Muroran City.
May, 1949 Agency agreements signed with Shell Oil Co., Ltd. (current Showa Shell) and Daikyo Oil K.K. (current Cosmo Oil).
Jan., 1951 Osaka Representative Office (current Osaka Business Office) opens in Yodogawa-ku, Osaka.
Apr., 1951 Osaka Plant established in Yodogawa-ku, Osaka.
Nov., 1959 Tokai Business Office (later Yokkaichi Business Office) opens in Yokkaichi City.
Mar., 1962 Tokyo Plant awarded JIS certification for general purpose grease: Certification No. 8539.
Feb., 1968 Tokyo Plant authorized with approval for multi-purpose grease by Japan Defense Agency: Approval No. G-2-4.
Mar., 1968 Tokyo Plant awarded JIS certification for roll bearing grease: Certification No. 367281.
Jul., 1970 Company's name changed from Nippon Koyu Shokai K.K. to Nippon Koyu Ltd.
Sep., 1970 Grease transportation by container starts in Japan.
Mar., 1971 Noboribetsu Plant established in Noboribetsu City, Hokkaido.
Oct., 1974 Capital increased to 50,000,000 Japanese Yen.
Oct., 1982 Kitakyushu Representative Office opens in Kokura district, Kitakyushu.
Oct., 1983 New building completed in the premise of Tokyo Plant, and Headquarters and Tokyo Business Office (current Sales Dept.) move in.
Oct., 1990 1st-phase construction work for new Okayama Plant completed. (Osaka Plant closed in Dec.)
Jan., 1991 Osaka Business Office moves to Nishi-nakashima, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka.
Feb., 1996 Okayama Plant enlarged with completion of the 2nd building for production (2nd-phase construction work).
Apr., 1996 Sales Dept. moves to Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
Aug., 1998 Company awarded ISO9002.
May, 2000 Yokkaichi Business Office moves to Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya and changes the name to Nagoya Business Office.
Mar., 2001 Okayama Plant enlarged and the 3rd production building completed.
Jun., 2001 Headquarters moves from Ota-ku to Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku.
Nov., 2002 Noboribetsu Plant closed. Muroran Business Office moves to Washibetsu-cho, Noberibetsu City.
Feb., 2003 Company awarded ISO9001.
Sep., 2003 Company begins business cooperation with Fuchs Petrolub AG.
Sep., 2003 Capital increased to 150,000,000 Japanese Yen.
Feb., 2004 Okayama Plant awarded ISO14001
Sep., 2004 Tokyo Plant awarded ISO14001
Apr., 2010 Chiba Plant completed.
Apr., 2012 Company name changed to NIPPECO LTD.
Apr., 2013 Headquarters and Sales Dept. moves to Hatchobori,Chuo-ku,Tokyo.